PARENT VOLUNTEER INFO
Thank you for your interest in chaperoning/volunteering for an ECHS Bands event. Below you will find chaperone information as well as steps for becoming an official WCCUSD volunteer.
To support an event as a volunteer or chaperone please fill out the FOECM Volunteer Form
For many one-day trips chaperones may be asked to transport students to and from the event. In addition to being cleared as a WCCUSD volunteer, chaperones must provide the following:
- Copy of WCCUSD ID Badge
- Copy of CA Driver’s License
- Copy of Insurance Policy
- Completed Auto Transportation Form located HERE
District policy requires that a separate Auto Transportation Form be completed for each trip.
Chaperone duties include and are not limited to:
- Supervising student activities
- Reporting to the Band Director on student behavior
- Enforcing all school rules and trip rules as determined by the Band Director
- Helping with First Aid, including trips to the hospital
- Staying with the group at all times
- Taking turns supervising students at hotels or bus stops (overnight trips)
- Helping the Band Director with trip logistics
HOW TO BECOME A WCCUSD VOLUNTEER
In order to chaperone an ECHS Music trip or event, parents must first be cleared by the District as an approved volunteer and issued a District ID badge. Please note that only parents that are cleared by the District may chaperone any school event. Please follow the steps below to become a WCCUSD volunteer. For more information please visit the District’s website at www.wccusd.net.
Step 1: Application Form
Applications are available online via Be A Mentor at www.beamentor.org/now. For a paper application call (510) 342-7176.
Step 2: Schedule a FREE Fingerprinting Appointment
After receiving your login information schedule a fingerprinting appointment online. At this time you will be asked to answer an online TB questionnaire. Please note that the District has waived the requirement for TB testing for volunteer purposes.
Appointments are available on Tuesdays from 9:30am – 12pm and Thursdays from 1pm – 4pm. Appointments take place at:
Community Engagement Department
4300 Cutting Blvd (behind the Swim Center)
Room 906 and 910
Richmond, CA 94804
Bring the following to your fingerprinting appointment:
- Livescan Form completed (available after you log into www.beamentor.com)
- A Valid US Government Issue ID